Starting a personal injury claim can seem like a difficult process. In reality, if you choose a good personal injury solicitor to handle your claim the process will run smoothly. There are, however, some things that you can do to help your claim be successful.
Keep a detailed record of how the accident happened. When did the accident happen? the accident date and time will be required. Where did it happen? This will include addresses, street names, company details. How were you injured? What injuries did you sustain? What medical treatment did you require? Who was involved? Names and addresses of anyone involved in the accident will be required. Are there witnesses? Make a note of the contact details for any witnesses. Keep a record of Registration Numbers of any vehicles involved
Photographs and video can be very helpful to support your claim. If possible, you should try to take photographs of
- The accident location
- The cause of the accident – e.g. a raised footpath, pothole, spillage or defect
- Damage to any property or vehicles
- Visible injuries such as bruising
- Dashcam footage can be very useful evidence in road traffic accident cases
- Measurements and photographs are particularly important in tripping accident. If you have tripped on a defective floor, pothole or footpath, you should measure and photograph the defect.
- Maps & sketch plans showing the accident location can also be helpful
- If you are injured at work, report it to your supervisor or manager and request that the accident is recorded in the accident book.
- Accidents in shops & other premises should be reported to a member of staff and recorded in the accident book before you leave the premises.
- You should seek medical advice from a hospital or GP as appropriate, depending upon the injury sustained
- Medical evidence is required to support your claim
- Your solicitor will also arrange for you to be examined by an independent doctor for the purpose of obtaining a report
Please do not hesitate to contact either Carolyn on 01924 443900 or Andrew on 01924 473065 to discuss your claim for personal injury. Both Carolyn and Andrew have over 20 years experience in dealing with personal injury cases and therefore your matter couldn’t be in better hands than with them.