https://www.brearleyssolicitors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/black-logo.png 0 0 carolyn halsworth https://www.brearleyssolicitors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/black-logo.png carolyn halsworth2019-08-02 10:52:072019-08-02 10:52:075 TOP TIPS FOR DEALING WITH A DIVORCE
5 TOP TIPS FOR DEALING WITH A DIVORCE
5 tips for dealing with a divorce:
- Be certain that your marriage is over. Lots of people begin proceedings without considering the alternatives such as marriage counselling.
- Always put your children first. Many divorces lead on to arguments about the arrangements for children. Try and put yourself in their shoes, children are often more affected by arguments about contact and residence, than the actual breakdown of the marriage.
- Get your finances in order. Financial disclosure is essential to enable your solicitor to advise you about a fair financial settlement.
- Consider mediation. This is often a cheaper and more effective way of reaching an agreement in relation to all of the issues and can help to avoid protracted court proceedings.
- Remember things will get better. Starting the process is daunting, we can guide you through every step of the way.